java indexes

From: Matteo Richiardi
Subject: java indexes
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:33:56 +0100

Hello,

I'm new to this list, and also quite new to swarm modelling itself.
I'm writing a javaswarm application where I need to traverse a list in a random way. I guess I have to use the PermutedIndex interface. However, I do not know the correct syntax for it. For example, is the following correct?

import swarm.collections.PermutedIndex;
static Permutedindex index;
index = jobMarket.createIndex(getZone());

Moreover, how can I tell the index to move - for instance - 5 positions on and report the object?

Thank you for any help,

Matteo Richiardi (Torino, Italy)

ps How can I use the reference book in order to learn the right syntax for my code?