Re: windows 2000/novell /nonadministrator

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: windows 2000/novell /nonadministrator
Date: 04 May 2000 09:41:19 -0700

PJ> Emacs Tools/compile can't find "make" or
PJ> other Swarm/bin programs, but in the Emacs shell, those programs
PJ> are found.

PJ> 4. The novell system kept fouling up the paths, so I logged in as
PJ> the administrator and in everybody's path, right at the front, I
PJ> put D:\Swarm-2.1.1\bin.

As far as Emacs is concerned, it should all hinge on the SWARMDIR
environment variable being set and using the .emacs and .bash_login
provided by Swarm 2.1.1.  I can't see any reason why the PATH change you
describe should be needed.  What do you get from these Emacs commands?

  C-h v explicit-shell-file-name
  M-: (getenv "SWARMDIR")
  M-: (getenv "SWARMHOME")
  M-: (getenv "PATH")