Re: Swarm GUI question: addHeatbug @ object copying

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: Swarm GUI question: addHeatbug @ object copying
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 09:07:17 -0400 (EDT)

Paul,

You can't do it in the standard distributed heatbugs.
That part of that tutorial is out of date.

One way to do it is to encapsulate the part of
HeatbugModelSwarm.m that actually creates bugs in
a seperate createBug method, and then add a probe to
send that message to the ModelSwarm.  Or you could
add a copyBug method and have a probe for that.
See the UM-HeatbugsPlus version of heatbugs for an
example of this and other features at
  http://www.pscs.umich.edu/LAB/Doc/SwarmStuff/UM-swarm-index.html
along with an edited version of that tutorial on probes.

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html