Re: KeyedCollection protocol ? (fwd)

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: KeyedCollection protocol ? (fwd)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:57:20 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> The docs are right.  The KeyedCollection implementations
> (Map and Set) do implement the Collection protocol; they
> just aren't declared in the intermediate KeyedCollection
> protocol in the header file. This will be fixed the next
> time a new release of the collections library is made.

I suspect this ommission is reponsible for compiler warnings
such as:

{loon:kcline:46} make
gcc  -c -mv8 -O3 -Wall -Wno-import  -I./SWARMHOME/include \
     -I./SWARMHOME/needed-software/include \
     -I./SWARMHOME/needed-software/src/libtclobjc/libtclobjc-1.1b6 \
     -I./SWARMHOME/needed-software/src/xpm/xpm-3.4j \
     -I/usr/openwin/include  BdGrid2D.m

BdGrid2D.m: In function `_i_BdGrid2D__printObjectSet':
BdGrid2D.m:800: warning: method `getCount' not implemented by protocol.
BdGrid2D.m:804: warning: method `atOffset:' not implemented by protocol.

rm -f SWARMHOME/lib/libspatial.a
ar q SWARMHOME/lib/libspatial.a spatial.o Point2D.o \
     Point3D.o BdGrid2D.o Obj2DDisplay.o
ranlib ./SWARMHOME/lib/libspatial.a

{loon:kcline:47}

BdGrid2D.m, Line 800:
   if ( objectSet == NULL || (n = [objectSet getCount]) <= 0 )

where objectSet is type `id <Set>'.

NOTE: These are just warnings, *no* error occurs at runtime.

I've since realized that I probably shouldn't use a Set
since several methods are not implemented and according to
an archive message the Set class is suppose to be completely
re-implemented at some time.

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427