Re: As a favor to Pietro...

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: As a favor to Pietro...
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 18:24:18 -0800

Hello Brad,

It is pretty tough to exceed virtual memory on systems but it is possible
because its finite; do you think your program actually requires that much
memory?  What is a more common occurence is an incorrect value; that is you
accidently passed a pointer when you were supposed to pass an integer count,
or something similar.  In these situations you are asking for some monstrous
amount of memory which generally cannot be satisfied; the block size (12) to
the dalloc call is not the problem so it may be something higher up.

Scott