Re: Data in a discrete2D world.

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: Re: Data in a discrete2D world.
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:24:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

    Ginger is correct.  I have done this for a couple of situations
and I just create an object called a cell which contains whatever I need.

For example right now my "AphytisCell" contains seperate lists for each
type of organism living in the cell, the cells coordinates with respect
to the 2-D lattice, the actiual number of each type of organism in the
cell etc.  In the next phase of the project it will be sub-classed to
include different refuge and productivity values depending upon where you
are in the lattice.  Another potentially useful thing to put in a cell if local
movement is going to be included is references (ID's) of all neighbor
cells to which movement is allowed.

Cheers,

   Doug Donalson

* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   hearlds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *