DEC Alpha!

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: DEC Alpha!
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:05:20 -0600

I thought you guys might like to know that I got Swarm working on the
Alpha.  It involved a little porting of Swarm and ALOT of
hand-wringing and debugging of libtclobjc (of course, I didn't *know*
that libtclobjc was the problem until I found the bug...  but,
"live-and-learn", eh?).

Now, the port isn't done, yet.  I still have to fold the changes into
our base version of swarm in a non-destructive way.  And I still
should actually do a proper port of libtclobjc (I only changed what
was necessary....[grin] I still get a bunch of promotion warnings when
it's compiled).

In short, the next release should contain a version that works
on the alpha.

glen
p.s. Thanks to Barry for the help!