Re: Problems with binaries installation on Debian Linux

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: Problems with binaries installation on Debian Linux
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:41:58 -0800

I believe that the Debian Linux distributions contain some of the ObjC
patches that are required for GNUstep.  Those ObjC patches are not in any
official FSF release of GCC but will be one of these days!

Anyways I did make some significant modifications to the memory allocation
functions and that is presumably the errors you are getting.

My suggestion for the moment is to get the FSF official GCC release then
just completely replace the objc directory in your Debian GCC source; that
should be sufficient.  I don't know if the Debian distribution has other GCC
patches within it or not.

Scott