Re: Concurrent Schedule

From: Roger M. Burkhart
Subject: Re: Concurrent Schedule
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 10:06:55 -0600

Doug Donalson asks:

> I am trying to set up a function that will give the next
> time in an event schedule with concurrent groups and
> autodrop=1;  As far as I can tell, the auto drop only
> operates at the schedule level and not within the concurrent
> group.  I have a function that prints the schedule at the beginning
> of every event processing routine and also prints the time
> presently being processed.  The result is that I see the same
> concurrent group printed out each time but the time of the present
> event being processed matches with a concurrent group time
> one farther down the list.  In other words, the sub-schedule
> is traversed in the proper order but I still see past events
> until the whole concurrent group is finished and then they are
> dropped as a group.  Is there a way to make the concurrent group
> autodrop as well?

I suspect the problem is that the concurrent group does not itself
have the AutoDrop option set.  If you're setting the concurrent group
type yourself (setConcurrentGroupType:) you would need to make sure
you've customized this type to have the AutoDrop bit set.  If you're
using ConcurrentSchedule as your group type (as I think you may be for
the two-level time scheme you're using) try the following code:

  concGroupType = [ConcurrentSchedule customizeBegin: aZone];
  [concGroupType setAutoDrop: 1];
  concGroupType  = [concGroupType customizeEnd];

And then use this variable instead of ConcurrentSchedule as your concurrent
group type.  I haven't tried this but it's how things should work, so if
it doesn't work it will need to be fixed.

Strictly speaking, perhaps it should be an error if the concurrent group
type of a schedule with AutoDrop set does not also have AutoDrop set at
the group level.  We could either enforce this requirement, or since it
would be an error otherwise, just automatically set AutoDrop on the
concurrent group automatically.  I'm in the middle of working on some code
in this area so I'll see if setting the AutoDrop on the group automatically
might cause any problems.

-Roger