Intelligent agents as pieces of software

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Intelligent agents as pieces of software
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 22:25:07 +0100

Intelligent agents as pieces of software

I'm studying Swarm to use it in the fields of Agent Based Computational
Economics. At present, my agents are built with interacting neural networks,
developing self-targets to learn, in non standard software environment.

I'm also impressed by the development of the software engineering techniques
in the field of intelligent agents (also with learning capabilities); see
for example the two opening articles of Dr.Dobb's Journal, March 1997.

Is that an alternative to the use of Swarm? Or, on the contrary, Swarm
environment is more general and with its standard protocols and probing
capabilities could become an industry tool to develop and test intelligent
agents also if considered as pieces of software?

Yours, Pietro