Re: Lurker

From: cgl
Subject: Re: Lurker
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 18:24:16 -0700

Hello Lurker!

  I'll take a shot at your questions...

1. We now have binaries for all of the OS's you list - I think you
should start with either the pentium linux or the solaris version,
as we've been able to beat on those the most...

2. The tutorial-1.0.1 available from the Swarm web-site takes
you through the development of Swarm application, starting
from a simple C program, converting it to Objective-C, and then
adding more and more of Swarm in, but just a little bit at
each step - This isn't the only place to look, but if you
walk through the 9-apps in the tutorial, you should have a much
better idea of how to interpret other examples and apps on
the web-site.

3. see answer to 2.

4. I think that the installation process has stabalized for now.
The binaries we originally released missed a few things, but the
ones there now *should* install and build cleanly - please let
us know if you have any problems....(I'm sure we'll be the
first to hear!)

Chris Langton