OpenGL?

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: OpenGL?
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 96 19:48:33 MST

Does anyone out there have experience with OpenGL, a standard spec for
doing 3d graphics? There's a free implementation called Mesa that's
not too bad, and of course if you have an SGI then OpenGL flies.

I'm interested in having some 3d output capability for Swarm. One
thought is to define a simple abstract 3d graphics interface and then
write a couple of backends: one for OpenGL, one for POV-Ray (a
raytracer - slow, but great output). Another option is just to somehow
make it easy to pass things through from Swarm to OpenGL.

In any event, this would be a side project. I'm just curious if
there's any interest, any expertise.