Re: Schedules

From: Roger M. Burkhart
Subject: Re: Schedules
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 15:07:18 -0600

> Help!
>
>    I have a schedule called birthSchedule created with
> autoDrop=1.  Is there a way to print out the pending events
> in the schedule.  Some of the events I send to the schedule
> are executed but others aren't and I need to see whether they
> are being dropped or whether the individuals are just not
> responding to the message.

The schedule is just a Map of Action objects, so you can open
your own index on it and print anything you want of its member
objects.  There's a function xfprint(aCollection) which prints
a short debug description of each member to stderr (currently, just hex
address plus class) that would work here, but if you want anything more
descriptive (including time value keys) you'll have to print yourself.
Keep in mind that if there's more than one action scheduled at the same
time value, a list of actions at the time value is created and that's
what's contained in the schedule.

We're very interested in tools like these that will help in understanding
and debugging user schedules.  Let us know what you would find most useful
for such tools.

Roger