Bus Error

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Bus Error
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 96 23:52:58 PST

I am having a problem with a pointer shift in memory.

Specifically, I have an object implimentation that contains
two member linked lists.  I create two of these objects and
then insert 10 objects into each of the lists.  In other
words I store 10 objects into each list in the first object
and then do the same for the second.  The objects stored
in the lists are not the same type as those containing the
lists.  I successfully do 10 inserts into each of the first
objects lists.  When I use the identical code on the second
object I get an error.

When I insert the second item into one of the two lists, a
back pointer has been corrupted.  It is shifted by one byte
and Unix loves an odd address!  To confirm that this is
repeatable I logged myself out to get a different memory map.
The same thing happened but with a different address.

Have any of you seen something like this before?

Cheers?

   Doug Donalson