Re: blt tests

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: blt tests
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 14:13:32 -0400 (EDT)

Ginger,
For the blt tests, I'm saying the entire graph (or barchart) is about
6-8cm wide. They are tall as you suggest, and the resizing seems to work
as you suggest.  This happens when the X-server (the display screen) is
the same as the client (ie where the test is running) or if the Xserver
(display screen) is a different (dec-ultrix) machine.

For the apps/market application, the commondity-price vs time
is about 5cm wide...it looks fine. But the other apps/market graph and
the barchart are obviously not right: when the Xserver is the hpux
machine/screen, the graph and barchart data-parts are < 1cm wide!!
I can't really see any lines, and can barely see the bars.
But when the Xserver is a dec-ultrix (still running model on hpux),
the apps/market graph and barchart are a little wider, maybe 2cm or so.
Still not as wide as the commodity price graph, though.

I haven't had a chance to try some things nelson suggested.
maybe a little later this week.
 - r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
1061 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/rlr-home.html