gdb on HPUX?

From: Roger M. Burkhart
Subject: gdb on HPUX?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 11:24:40 CDT

>From Ginger's message:

> I decided "gdb" wasn't even worth building, because, unfortunately, gcc
> refuses to do the "-g" thing under HPUX.  I vaguely recall some technical
> reason why in the documentation.  I let it crash under xdb, the HP debugger.
> The assembly code meant nothing to me.

Is this true, that gcc doesn't support symbolic debugging under HPUX?
If so, that's a real concern for being able to support some of the more
intricate Swarm logic on this platform.  In Swarm development we assume
pretty much as a matter-of-course the ability to use a symbolic debugger
on the gcc objc code (within its limitations, of course).

Roger