Re: gcc 2.7.0 question

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: gcc 2.7.0 question
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 08:30:15 -0400 (EDT)

Moving to gcc 2.7.0 is probably ok...I have some
other software that might profit from that, too.
My hesitancy is that I don't know if it (gcc 2.7.0 ) will
install cleanly on our hpux 9.05.

I agree keeping up with latest release is in general
a good idea, especially for major releases.
But as I'm sure you know, keeping up with all minor
releases can be a pain, especially for something
like swarm which depends on several other packages...
one could end up installing something new every
few weeks!

- r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
1061 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/rlr-home.html