First Swarm beta release! (swarm-951006.tar.gz)

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: First Swarm beta release! (swarm-951006.tar.gz)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 95 02:58:23 MDT

I'm very pleased to announce the first public beta release of Swarm.
You are encouraged to download Swarm, install it, and begin to write
applications. This process will not be entirely trivial, but we hope
it will be reasonably painless. The first install will take several
hours to build all of the auxilliary software.

We are by no means done writing code for Swarm, but we think that the
fundamental components are stable enough that it is appropriate to
give to selected simulation developers for feedback. We will be
putting out regular updates of the Swarm distribution: installing new
versions should be simple.

The contact point for the Swarm beta release is
  http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/release/
In addition, you will need authorization to read these pages:
  username swarm-beta
  password AlanTuring
Please do not give this password out to other people: for the current
beta test period, we want to control the set of people who use Swarm.

Questions and discussion of the beta release should take place on the
mailing list address@hidden I have automatically
subscribed someone from each beta test group to this list. You are
encouraged to read and participate in the mailing list: if you want to
unsubscribe, send mail to <address@hidden>.