swarm-modeling

Re: [Swarm-Modelling] SWARM on Clusters

From: Sunwoo Park
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] SWARM on Clusters
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:37:16 -0800

Dear Marcus,
I really appreciate for your comments.

As my understanding, you claimed that message passing is not good for SWARM
mainly because communication overhead between agents might be nontrivial.
Right ?
But, for example,
(1) if models perform considerable amount of computation in a single
simulation phase (or cycle) with minimum communication between agents
(2) if the size and/or scalability of simulation models is much important
than performance (or execution time)
do you still think multi-threading approach is better than message passing
because of the nature of SWARM even in above cases ?

Also, could you give me some information (or link) on SWARM models/projects
that are already done or planned for 'large-scale' simulation  ?
For example, is there any SWARM project that uses more than 256 (or 512)
nodes in MPP machines ?

Sincerely,
Sunwoo