swarm-modeling

Re: Landscape modeling

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Landscape modeling
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 03:21:24 -0700

At 03:27 PM 9/15/99 -0700, you wrote:
Glen Ropella was looking for references on agent-based landscape
ecology. I just noticed that this reference in a report I'm writing:

Harper, Trame, and Westervelt (1999). The Individual Cowbird Behavior
Model, in Spatially Explicit Landscape Simulation Modeling, editor:
Robert Costanza, et al.

Jim Westervelt presented the model at SwarmFest (1998) but maintains an
unfortunately low profile. I know Costanza maintains a large landscape
ecology web site somewhere...

Very cool!  Thanks, Steve.

(I searched the titles of the 560 papers given at the recent American
Fisheries Society, and found *2* that used individual-based approaches.)

Great! You're pre-adapted to take over the world!

glen

--
glen e. p. ropella =><= Feeding the hamster wheel.  Hail Eris!
Home: http://www.trail.com/~gepr/home.html      (505) 424-0448

  body of the message.