swarm-gis

Re: swarm-gis group

From: gepr
Subject: Re: swarm-gis group
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:18:22 -0700

You are definitely signed up for it.  You're not receiving these
messages?

Li An writes:

 > I sent an email to address@hidden for joining swarm-gis and got a
 > response as following:
 >
 >  >>>> subscribe swarm-gis
 > **** Address already subscribed to swarm-gis>>>>
 >
 > But I could not receive the messages I had sent to swarm-gis. Anyone knows
 > why?
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Li
 >

 > At 02:19 PM 10/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
 > >address@hidden wrote:
 > >>As I mentioned in my MacOS X Port Effort email (thanks Glen!), I'm new to
 > >>swarm.  I have some experience working with Ascape and a little more in
 > >>differential game theory, but not a great deal in any of it.
 > >>Okay, some questions since I've downloaded the Source Code from CVS and
 > >>just started browsing through it the other day.
 > >>1) There is no configure file except when I download the release
 > >>version.  Is this intentional?
 > >Smarter/safer to check out a snapshot from the ftp.  SwarmFAQ has a little
 > >explanation of the fact that the source code is not ready to compile, but
 > >rather it has to have the automake/autoconf/autoheader magic applied. the
 > >autogen script should do all that, if you have the correct versions of the
 > >tools. Anyway, easier to take a snapshot.
 > >>2) Forgive this question but... how do I get started? :-p
 > >
 > >If you are just starting, it is likely too tough to build swarm from cvs.
 > >Get a foothold by installing a prebuild binary on one of the platforms we
 > >support.
 > >

 > >Check the SwarmFAQ
 > >
 > >  http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html
 > >
 > >--
 > >Paul E. Johnson                       email: address@hidden
 > >Dept. of Political Science            http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn
 > >1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504
 > >University of Kansas                  Office: (785) 864-9086
 > >Lawrence, Kansas 66044-3177           FAX: (785) 864-5700
 > >

 > >                  ==================================
 > >   Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day
 > >   to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.
 > >   [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden>
 > >   with "help" in the body of the message.

glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 831.335.4950                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr
M: 831.247.7901                               http://www.tempusdictum.com

   Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
   and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration