summer-of-code

Re: [gnu-soc] Slots allocation for the GNU Project

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] Slots allocation for the GNU Project
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:48:55 +0200

Hello,

Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr. 22., Sze 20:20):

Hi people!

So we asked for 13/16 slots, and got 11 slots from Google.

Like in the previous years, we want to give the opportunity to
participate to as many GNU packages as possible, and this means we will
be giving at least one slot to each, i.e.

Lilypond: 1
Social: 1
Poke: 1
Taler: 1
Emacs: 1
Xaos: 1
Texmacs: 1
GNUastro: 1
Guix: 1
Wget: 1

There is an extra slot to distribute. The projects that asked for more
than one _essential_ slot are:

Name: social
EssentialSlots: 3

Name: guix
EssentialSlots: 2

It would be best if the guix people and the social people could reach an
agreement on who gets the extra slot, which basically means someone has
to give up.  In doing so, please consider the merits of the existing
proposals, but remember to _not_ discuss them in public!

Guix is willing to forfeit the additional slot.

If no agreement has been reached by Friday, we (the admins) will decide
who gets the extra slot.

IMPORTANT: if any of the projects, for whatever reason, won't be using
their slot, please say so in this list ASAP.

Salud!

Best regards,
g_bor