summer-of-code

Re: [gnu-soc] GSoC 2020 Aspirant

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] GSoC 2020 Aspirant
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:09:30 +0000

Dear Mohit,

Thank you very much for your interest, it would be great if you could contribute to Gnuastro, given your knowledge of C and image processing, this seems to be a good project for you.

As described in the main GNU GSoC page [1], we are having the GSoC discussions on GNU Savannah's sr #110195 [2]. In between the posts, you'll see a list of steps to start you off in first using Gnuastro (giving you a good feeling on how to improve it) and then guidelines on how to bootstrap/build the version controlled source and pointers on how to start getting your hands dirty in the code.

So sorry for my late reply, I got your mail during an observing run at the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory [3]. I have just returned and could answer my emails.

Cheers,
Mohammad

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2020.html#gnuastro
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110195