summer-of-code

Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2017

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2017
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 18:32:26 +0100

Am 20.01.2017 um 16:53 schrieb Giuseppe Scrivano:
> Hi Urs,
>
> Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Giuseppe,
>>
>> LilyPond still has its own GSoC ideas page, which is linked on GNU's
>> one, and I have just started with the process of updating that for this
>> year's program.
>>
>> Can I safely assume that we may be part of the program as part of GNU
>> when GNU itself is accepted as an org?
>>
>> At what point in time should our ideas page reflect the current state,
>> upon GNU's application or only before student application begins?
> please do that as soon as possible (even if not complete), probably
> Google will check out the ideas page before taking a final decision on
> accepting us or not.

Ah well, in that case I'd say it's not *that* urgent. We removed last
year's project, it's labeled as "last updated: November 2016", and it
won't make a difference to GSoC if we replace one or the other project
suggestion or mentor's name, I think.

We'll nevertheless start querying project suggestions and mentor
availability ASAP.

Best
Urs

--