summer-of-code

Re: Fw: [IMPORTANT] Requesting essential and desired slots

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fw: [IMPORTANT] Requesting essential and desired slots
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 11:58:52 +0200

Someone forwarded me the announcement and I am confused since one of our
students applied to the GSoC at Google already.  See below mail.

This would be

Name: LilyPond
EssentialSlots: 1

There is also another possibly desired slot (some lack of feedback
here), but again I would have expected that the respective student would
already have applied at Google directly.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Requesting essential and desired slots Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:05:14 -0400 (15 hours, 45 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
> On 2015-04-10, at 1:50 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> David Google <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi David,
>>>
>>> I sent in my application on Monday the 23rd of March.
>>
>> To Google or to GNU?  And listing which project?
>>
>>> As far as I knew I would hear back on April 27th as to whether or not
>>> I made it in.
>>
>> From Google or from GNU?
>>
>>> Sorry I haven't been active, it has been exam season at school and I
>>> won't be done until the end of April.
>>
>> That's fine.  We should quite avoid that you get accepted by Google and
>> rejected by GNU.  That would make, like, totally no sense.  I am trying
>> to figure out whether anybody needs to take some action in order to
>> avoid it.
>>
>> Accident or intentional that you did not copy the list?
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Accident, I'm on my phone and can't send mail from my McGill account on here.

I submitted my application to this website: https://www.google-melange.com/
So, google. But I used the GNU application template because from what
I understand, they're reading it..?

Google posts the accepted projects on the 27th.

I agree, that would be super weird.

--- End Message ---

--
David Kastrup