summer-of-code

Re: GSoC'15 Zile

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: GSoC'15 Zile
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:04:14 +0000

On Feb 22, 2015, at 6:36 PM, gagan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> First of all pardon me for posting it here, I know its not the mailing
> list I should consult to for this matter.
>
> I was seeing GNU projects for GSoC'15, I liked GNU Zile pretty much
> and would like to contribute to it this year. I mailed to their
> mailing list but could not get any response and also have sent the
> request of inclusion at Savannah.gnu.org for the GNU Zile project from
> a long time but not yet accepted. I consider the maintainer might be
> busy so could not respond me.

I haven't been watching carefully, and didn't see your message.  It is a
members only list though, so you might be stuck in the moderation queue.

> So I would like to ask if some one could mentor me out for Zile this
> year if GNU gets selected ?

I am the outgoing Zile maintainer, and wrote most of the GSoc ideas section
for Zile last year, but due to work commitments can neither maintain Zile any
longer nor mentor for GSoc this year, sorry :-(

I've forwarded this to the once and future maintainer of Zile, to see
whether he has better news for you than I :-)

> In brief my past includes,
>
> GSoC'13 for GNU LibreDWG
> GSoC'14 for LibreCAD3 under the BRL-CAD Organisation.
>
> Maintainer of GNU Dr. Geo.
> Developer of GNU LibreDWG.
>
> Mostly interested in CAD development, text editors, file parser,
> Computer Graphics and Databases.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)