summer-of-code

Re: GSoC 2015: VMFlexArray for OpenJDK / IcedTea

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: GSoC 2015: VMFlexArray for OpenJDK / IcedTea
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 15:38:16 +0100

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 02:18:45PM +0100, Mario Torre wrote:

> >     >     I would like to volunteer as a mentor for the following project
> > topic
> >     >     under the umbrella of the GNU Project.
> >     >
> >     >     Proposed Topic: VMFlexArray PatchSet for OpenJDK (IcedTea)
> >     >
> >     > I take it this would be done as part of the GNU Classpath project,
> >     > right?

Most of the GNU Classpath hackers do now work on IcedTea and/or OpenJDK.
So spiritually it is kind of part of the GNU Classpath project. Technically
this will be a project for IcedTea and probably go into OpenJDK from there
(if the student is willing to assign all his rights to Oracle).

Last year you used http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/GSoC2014

> > Ok, please let me know if you set up a page for GSoC2015, so we can link
> > it from the main ideas page.
>
> Hmm, it gives me "Login Disabled". I believe we need Mark's super powers now
> :)

The old mediation wiki has been login disabled because there was just
too much spam and spam attempts to create accounts or brute force logins :{
So please use the icedtea wiki for now.

Cheers,

Mark