summer-of-code

GNU accepted as a mentoring organization in GSOC 2014

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: GNU accepted as a mentoring organization in GSOC 2014
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:29:31 +0100

Hi guys.  Good news: we are in.  Congrats to everyone.

Now, we have some work to do.  As in previous years we will be
maintaining a database in a recfile which lives in:

    http://www.gnu.org/s/soc-projects/soc2014.rec

I just created it initialized with the records corresponding to your
humble servant and the project recutils.  I will be filling in the
information about the other GNU projects in the following days.

But then I need you (mentors) to send to me, CCing address@hidden
(offlist) the following information:

- Nick/Id (such as jemarch)
- Name
- Email
- Alternate email
- Phone (important)
- GNU project in which you participate.
- Which ideas (from the ideas page) you are willing to mentor.

We will store the alternate email and the phone number encrypted in the
public recfile.  Note however that the primary email will be stored
unencrypted.

You will also have to register a profile in melange and somehow ask to
be approved as a mentor in the GNU mentoring organization.  I will get
notifications and approve you, but _only_ if I already have the
information requested above, please.

Well, this is all for now... keep in mind that the formal students
application date opens on 10 March, but you will be undoubtly contacted
much earlier by enthusiast students..

Happy mentoring!