summer-of-code

Re: GNU participation in GSoC 2012

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GNU participation in GSoC 2012
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 17:51:16 +0100

On Sat 03 Mar 2012 00:48, Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:

> - use GNU as the "mentoring organization": GNU gets the $500,
>   and handles the tax paperwork

FWIW, it would be the FSF getting the $500.

> - lilypond does the actual mentoring, gets patches from students,
>   etc.

This would happen either way :)

> - lilypond applies to GSoC on our own (not counting the tax
>   paperwork), letting google decide if we are selected at all,
>   and how many students we get

I'm not sure how this would work, though.  Isn't it that /mentoring
organizations/ apply to GSoC?  It would be difficult to apply separately
but have GNU be the mentoring organization.

But, if you do figure out a way, I'm sure the FSF would be happy to take
the money, though :)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/