summer-of-code

Re: Available slots

From: Kirill Kononenko
Subject: Re: Available slots
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:15:41 +0400

> *sigh*, I did attempt to keep this private.

How did you attempt to keep this private? I have sent an email asking
that I don't get access to Google app, then you wrote me in a private
email that for whatever your personal reason, you removed me from list
of mentors.

> Yes, it was a drastic step, and yes, it wasn't even mine to make.
>
> However, given the circumstances, I hardly had a choice. You ignored the
> org admins (particularly myself, of course), and repeatedly pushed the
> app all the way into the top rank, causing me to have to downgrade it
> three times. Before the third time, I chose to remove you as a mentor,
> to prevent further damage.
>
> Every time you interfere with the slots, you're interfering with our
> ability to resolve the remaining _real_ (unresolved) conflicts. With the

How does in interfere. I don't get reason - sequence chain here. You
simply put them down at end of story. These scores only represent
private cummulative opinion of people. So you make at least 2 logical
errors in one sentence.

> final resolution meeting hours away, I couldn't risk you doing a third
> time what you'd already done twice, which is to directly interfere with

Is this a joke?

> my capacity to do my job. If there had been less time, I would have much
> preferred to ask Karl to do it, as it's much more his decision.
>
> Your message indicating you weren't going to bother with
> Matthias-Christian any more would have been enough to prevent my doing
> this, but unfortunately I'd already taken this step. If I'd waited a few

Which means you simply have decided everything ahead-of-time.

> more minutes, I wouldn't have had to, but given that I couldn't have
> waited more than just a few minutes, it didn't seem worth it.
>
> Further discussion of this should be between you, Karl, and myself. I
> see no reason why we should start flame wars on this list. And I think
> both your actions leading up to this, and response to it, speak volumes.
>
> For the record, I'm as angry at myself for taking such a rash step as
> anything else; but I do not see that I had any remaining options available.

Simply add me to list of mentors, and "end of story" TM.

Thanks,
Kirill