summer-of-code

ms studio, paint program ineligibles

From: Karl Berry
Subject: ms studio, paint program ineligibles
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:03:44 -0500

http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/review/google/gsoc2009/colinzhang/t123875875827
is proposing to "lead a team" to add a "gcc/gdb plug-in" to MS Visual
Studio.  This seems like an obvious nonstarter to me.  Anyone want to
argue for it (ie, be willing to mentor it)?  Else I will reject it.

http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/review/google/gsoc2009/komal_jalan/t123876323853
is proposing a painting program using Java2D and 3d.  We wouldn't
generally accept proposals for brand-new packages, and it doesn't seem
like anything exceptional.  (And he thinks he's going to implement an
entire paint program in a summer, which seems completely unrealistic to
me.)  Again, anyone want to take that one?

Thanks,
Karl