summer-of-code

Re: soc idea: Embed CLISP

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: soc idea: Embed CLISP
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:18:16 -0500

Hi Karl,

> * Karl Berry <address@hidden> [2009-01-23 18:21:06 -0600]:
>
>     <a
> href="http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&amp;aid=423264&amp;group_id=1355&amp;atid=351355";>Embed
>     CLISP</a>
>       into your favorite application, e.g., <a href="http://vim.org";>VIM</a>,
>       This might require some additional API in CLISP, which we will be
>       happy to add.
>
> Thanks, but I'm not sure what to do.
> Could you mentor someone who wanted to add clisp to vim (or whatver)?
> And plus, it would be desirable for the vim (or whatever) people to
> actually want the feature :).

indeed this would require benevolent cooperation from
vim/gnumeric/whatever.
I see no reason not to expect it.
vim, for one, embeds perl, python, ruby (and I think something else
too), so I think they will welcome this addition.

> Well, I'm happy to post a note on our generic GNU web page that you're
> willing to help on the clisp end, anyway.

thanks.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid)
http://dhimmi.com http://iris.org.il http://jihadwatch.org http://pmw.org.il