summer-of-code

Re: Summer of Code mentor summit

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: Summer of Code mentor summit
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 22:43:49 +1000

Hi Karl,

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 16:40 -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> Each year after the summer of code, Google holds a "summit" for the
> mentors.  Since we got our evaluations in on time (thanks everyone :),
> two mentors or org administrators can go.  Micah has already
> volunteered/requested to be one of them, and since he is both, he is in :).

I am unsure where Micah is from, if he is from outside of the US, it
makes the rest of this post redundant.

> Google reimburses for flight costs, and I think covers the hotel costs
> as well, though I'm not sure.  Here is the initial post about it this year:
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list/browse_thread/thread/a818e1de05e3ad8d?hl=en

I am interested in going.  I half volunteered to go last year, but in
the end couldn't make it due to a work trip to Europe.  I am based in
Australia.  Google's budget is on the low side given I am looking at
paying over 2100USD for a ticket.  If there is some strings that could
be pulled, I would be interested.  At this stage if the budget can be
sorted I am a 90% starter.

Cheers

Dave