summer-of-code

Re: one more slot

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: one more slot
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:58:29 +0200

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 15:35 -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> Sam advises me that the clisp proposal had little chance of success, so
> I've downgraded that.  (Thanks Sam.)
>
> So now we have one more slot to allocate, and one lucky project will
> (barring Google overrides) get two slots.  Looking at the list, it seems
> the contenders are wget, grub, phpgroupware, and gnowsys.  Could those
> mentors (and any others I missed) write a bit about their
> second-favorite project, chances of success, past history (if any) with
> the student, etc.?

I have reviewed the proposals which phpgw is "competing" with for a
second slot.  In terms of what will serve the largest possible user
base, I think GRUB deserves the slot.  I don't know if this makes it any
easier for Karl, but I fully support GRUB getting the spare slot if they
are confident that their student will complete their project.

Cheers

Dave