[STUMP] Weird encoding(?) issue

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: [STUMP] Weird encoding(?) issue
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 15:56:48 +0800

I have been configuring Stumpwm for use on my new(ish) laptop, and I have a weird problem that seems to be related to encoding.

When I start Stumpwm from GDM (using a custom desktop session), all text displayed by StumpWM (for example, the help text) is garbled. All characters are displayed as the wrong symbols.

I don't recognise the way it's garbled. I'm sure it's not UTF-8 text being displayed as Latin-1.

I have confirmed that the LC_* environment variables have the correct value (en_SG.UTF-8).

Is this something anyone has seen before?

Regards,
Elias