[STUMP] Creating a FreeBSD StumpWM package

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: [STUMP] Creating a FreeBSD StumpWM package
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 18:38:31 -0300

Hello,

StuwmpWM used to have a FreeBSD package, but it became stale, then
broken and was eventually removed from the FreeBSD ports tree.  It would
be nice for FreeBSD users to be able to get stump up and running with a
simple `pkg install stumpwm`, so I'm attempting to get the port/package
working again.  I also notice there is no OpenBSD or pkgsrc package, so
if this package succeeds it might be a helpful template for them.

This is what works now.  It pulls in all the dependencies, builds and
installs the executable, installs the lisp source and stumpwm.asd in the
common lisp central registry.  The problem starts when stump is run.  It
just starts sbcl and shows the repl with no errors.  Any suggestions for
debugging?

Nothing stands out (to me) in the build log.
http://pkg.awarnach.mathstat.dal.ca/data/11amd64-default/2017-08-13_18h13m27s/logs/stumpwm-20170807.log

Thanks for any insight,

Joseph