Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm-devel Digest, Vol 136, Issue 9

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm-devel Digest, Vol 136, Issue 9
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:00:33 +0800

On 26 January 2017 at 03:21, Jean Louis <address@hidden> wrote:

Not sure if my email went out, due to network breaking on my side.

CLISP has readline built-in, it is well documented and GNU project,
similar like GCL (which I currently cannot compile). I do not miss
myself any feature, that is very specific personal opinion, you may
loose it.

Matter is similar to choice of the shell, like zsh, bash, or something
like that. I use CLISP often as main "shell" and working environment.

Fair enough, but just because you use CLISP as a terminal doesn't mean that your StumpWM has to use the same implementation.

After all, I use zsh as my shell, and I don't expect my WM to run in it. :-)

Also, you might want to look into using Emacs and SLIME. This is how pretty much all Lisp programmers use it, and this is also the reason why almost none of the major Lisp implementations has any line editing facility.

Regards,
Elias