Re: [STUMP] Ubuntu 11.10 and Unity with Stumpwm

From: Stephen Balousek
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Ubuntu 11.10 and Unity with Stumpwm
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:28:32 -0700

Hi David,

I do a lot of work on in terminals connected via SSH to remote systems. The ssh-agent application is one part of a solution that allows me to cache my user credentials in memory. The other part is 'ssh-add'. When set up correctly, I do not need to type my password every time that I use 'ssh' to connect to a remote system. By loading ssh-agent up front, all applications launched from StumpWM will share the same credentials cache. So, it's mostly a convenience for my set up.

Adding 'ssh-agent' to stumpwm.desktop is *completely* unnecessary to get StumpWM running. That line can be changed to 'Exec=stumpwm'

Good question
- Steve