Re: [STUMP] New hook when a window is denied its raise-request

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] New hook when a window is denied its raise-request
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:50:47 +0000

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 10:26:08AM +0000, Lionel Flandrin wrote:
> I've added this hook to be able to handle some raise requests in a
> custom way.
>
> More precisely, it lets me create a new Emacs frame for my
> *compilation* buffer, and every time I start a new compilation if this
> window is not displayed I create a new frame at the bottom of my group
> and pull it in.

Hi Lionel,

As mentioned on IRC, deny-request-p is also used for denying map
requests.  Assuming this is not the desired behaviour, this code would
be better in maybe-raise-window.

Part of me feels that there should be a better way to do what you want
by overriding how stump 'raises' a window, but I don't have any ideas
for how to do so that aren't horrendously more complicated than this.

Ben