Re: [STUMP] Stump on zen !

From: Pierre-Yves Baccou
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stump on zen !
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:01:31 +0100

Lionel Flandrin wrote:

Hi Pierre!

Can you explain what exactly this zen is? If it's an X replacement
that needs an X to run on, I'm not sure I see the point. Is it a
server side implementation of the X protocol? If so, could it be made
to run on something else than X itself, say, directFB for instance?

Yes, zen is an X server, but to be clear, the point is to be a fun thing to hack on, it's not meant for users. It will be never be as good as the X.Org server you currently use.

To answer your question, you could in principle run zen on directFBGL (if it works) but it would surely take, at the very least, a small amount of work to use EGL instead of GLX, and probably other issues would show up.

Hope this helps !
Pierre