Re: [STUMP] vim and lisp coding

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [STUMP] vim and lisp coding
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 08:37:46 -0300

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:30:47PM -0300, Glauber Alex Dias Prado wrote:
> Jeronimo Pellegrini <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:25:32PM -0700, Matt Cheung wrote:
> >> I was also wondering if there are those of you who use vim.  I've been
> >> curious about SLIME, but I don't really like emacs.  The closest thing
> >> I've found like that for vim is limp.  Do any of you use that or anything
> >> else that gives similar functionality to vim?  I hope this isn't too off
> >> topic, I have just been wondering if I can use vim to make changes to a
> >> running stumpwm process.
> >
> > I don't use vim, but I do know that there is a vim plugin for Lisp:
> > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2531
> >
> > Development seems to be active (latest version is from 2010).
> >
> > J.
> Alternatively you can use viper on emacs to emulate vim bindings and use
> slime, you can still use vim for other things if you want.

Or (clumsier, but probably doable) use Eclipse with two plugins:
Cusp and eclim (then you can use gvim inside Eclipse).
But unfortunately you'd need to run Eclipse (a bloated IDE that won't
do one tenth of what Emacs can do).

http://eclipse.org
http://eclim.org/
http://www.bitfauna.com/projects/cusp/cusp.htm