Re: [STUMP] *** - unknown character set ascii-0/iso-10646-1

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] *** - unknown character set ascii-0/iso-10646-1
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:11:13 -0700

2010/4/17 Egon Hyszczak <address@hidden>:
> I've exhausted my patience trying to track down the cause of this error. I
> am running Slackware 13 on an Acer Aspire One netbook. I managed to get all
> the prerequisites and stumpwm compiled. There were some discrepancies
> between the stumpwm install docs and what I actually had to do to get
> asdf-install working, but that's a topic for another thread...

What version of stumpwm are you running? Have you tried the latest
from the git repo?

It looks like you're running clisp. I recommend giving sbcl a try to
see what, if any, error you get.

> First unexpected warning:
> ;; Compiling file /home/egon/Downloads/stumpwm/workarounds.lisp ...
> ** - Continuable Error
> INTERN("FIRST-ZERO"): #<PACKAGE XLIB> is locked
> If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
>
> I continue through "SECOND-ZERO", "SAVED", "GCON", "G0", G1", and on and
> on...
>
> When I run (stumpwm:stumpwm):
> [1]> (stumpwm:stumpwm)
>
> *** - FIND: STUMPWM:*INITIALIZING* is not a SEQUENCE
> The following restarts are available:
> QUIT-STUMPWM   :R1      Quit Stumpwm
> ABORT          :R2      Abort main loop

This is a really odd error. Do you have anything in your ~/.stumpwmrc
file? If so, try again without one.

Instead of calling print-backtrace, can you type :b, which will get
the debugger to directly print a backtrace? I think that might be more
informative.

-Shawn