Re: [STUMP] toggle-mode-line with gnome-panel

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] toggle-mode-line with gnome-panel
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:52:27 -0800

2010/1/31 Adam J. Lincoln <address@hidden>:
>    I just ran into this on ubuntu 9.10 after telling gnome to use
> stumpwm as window manager.  Any tips on how to go about fixing it?  I'm
> motivated. :)

Read the netwm sections on on WM_STRUT:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.3.html#id2507592

stumpwm needs to handle them and reserve space at the edge of the
screen for them. because of the dirty, dirty hacks with frames and
heads there will probably be some rewriting if one intends to do it
cleanly. Even a patchwork hack is worth committing though!

Wow. It's now been a year since I started my implementation of this. Time flies!

-Shawn