Re: [STUMP] Patch to STUMPWM::FORMAT-EXPANDER in primitives.lisp

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Patch to STUMPWM::FORMAT-EXPANDER in primitives.lisp
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:40:06 +0000

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 09:33:48AM +0200, Adlai Chandrasekhar wrote:
> I've written a little patch for a friend, that enables the use of ^
> after a number in a format expansion string (such as
> *SCREEN-MODE-LINE-FORMAT* or *WINDOW-FORMAT*) to trim from the left,
> instead of the right.

While reviewing this patch, I noticed what appears to be a
pre-existing bug.  Unless I'm missing something, the (format t "%~a"
len) in format-expand should actually be appending onto the output
(since the idea is to add the literal string if there's no format
char).

The patch itself has a minor bug in that from-left-p is referred to as
from-end-p at one point (only just spotted that thanks to a compile
warning).  Other than that it looks fine (although I think the
function as a whole could do with a cleanup, especially if we add more
stuff like this), and I'll push it shortly if nobody else has comments
to make.

Ben