Re: [STUMP] Release engineering (was: Patch: improvement for scripting f

From: Lionel Flandrin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Release engineering (was: Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:30:00 +0200

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 02:03:35PM +0200, Julian Stecklina wrote:
> Michael Raskin <address@hidden> writes:

> >> That's how I've done it in the past. It works...
> >
> > Well, the idea is to make it more frequent.
>
> Okay. Then let's keep the current model and just do the releases more
> often. ;)
>
> On a related matter: What about an 1.0 release in the mid-term future?
> What would be _your_ wishlist for StumpWM 1.0?

 For one: finish the "float" groups. It's really in alpha state right
now. I don't use them myself but it's already halfway there and it's a
good proof of concept for the new group "abstraction" layer which
would make it possible to use different management modes for each
group.

 I wanted to create a "dwm" group mode (with a stack on the side)
which is handy sometimes but I never had time to finish it. If many
"modes" are created stumpWM could become the One WM that would bind
them all.

 An other feature often asked for on IRC is the ability to have
independent groups per head and not only per screen. The only
workaround right now is not to use Xinerama/xrandr and use two
different $DISPLAYs for each physical screen, with all the limitation
that implies (not being able to move a window across screens, etc...).

> Regards,

Cheers,
--
Lionel Flandrin