Re: [STUMP] A workaround for make error

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] A workaround for make error
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:02:50 -0400

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM, gzeus <address@hidden> wrote:
> I put the new version of asdf.lisp into the stumpwm directory, and hurrah, it
> builds.
>
> We really need to stop shipping asdf.lisp with stump.
> Making it a dependency and putting instructions on how to make sure it's
> loaded with your lisp implementation/distro should be enough.

Given that many compile stumpwm from source it would be a bad thing to
make it any more complicated. There is probably an easy way to detect
asdf and only use the included version if needed. Probably the reason
it failed in your last email is because it loaded asdf again to build
the documentation. Another comment and it prolly would have built too.

I'll work on a fix in the next few days when I get a free moment. Feel
free to beat me to it :).

-Shawn