Re: [STUMP] Preventing MPlayer's window from maximizing

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Preventing MPlayer's window from maximizing
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:30:09 -0700

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Albert Schlef<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm using MPlayer to watch movies and clips.
>
> I don't like it that StumpWM automatically maximizes mplayer's window.
> There are several reasons for this, one of them is that low-resolution
> movies, when enlarged, seem awful.
>
> Is there a way to tell StumpWM to leave mplayer's window in its
> original size? (Alternatively, is there any way to "un maximize" a
> window?)

It would be nice to have a command that told stumpwm to display the
window as the last size the client asked it to be. I had a patch that
half worked for that but it never worked well enough to commit.
Unfortunately you'll have to make due with the answers the others have
given you (float mode and making a small frame).

-Shawn