[STUMP] Re: How to handle (xlib:get-property (window-xwin w) :_NET_WM_PI

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: [STUMP] Re: How to handle (xlib:get-property (window-xwin w) :_NET_WM_PID)) value
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 10:27:50 +0400

Sharad Pratap wrote:
> I am capturing `cmd' text  all space remove for  tag and  recognizing
> its  X client by its xwin:_NET_WM_PID
> property. and associating the X client with tag that I have prepared.)

As far as I understood your original goal, you do not need to make tag
corresponding to the command executed. You probably want to make a
global variable to keep the "name" of the current group. This name will
be set on group switch (simultaneously with pull+push-tag) and this name
will be used to tag all new windows.

At the same time you can use the new-window hook to tag windows based on
their window-class or window-instance or window-role. Usually
window-class is similar to the command used to launch the program which
created the window.