Re: [STUMP] gnome-panel doesn't notice killed windows?

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] gnome-panel doesn't notice killed windows?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:10:02 -0500

"James Wright" <address@hidden> writes:

> My gnome-panel looks a little funny under stumpwm.  I assume it can't
> get the theme configuration that it wants because I either didn't run
> it with the proper arguments or there is some other gnome support
> program that I should be running but I'm not (I just start gnome-panel
> from .stumpwmrc on its own).  Is it possible that the same problem is
> causing this behaviour?

You need to run gnome-settings-daemon before running gnome-panel.  It's
probably installed as /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon, and takes no
command-line arguments.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |