Re: [STUMP] Slim and Stumwm

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Slim and Stumwm
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:07:02 +0200

Dirk Arlt <address@hidden> writes:

> I am used to use Slim as my Loginmanager because i mostly use X. Since I am
> prepared to use Stumpwm my /var/log/slim.log grows and grows... My /var
> has about 200m which was sufficiant for about two years, but now these are
> filled within minutes.
>
> Is there a problem using Stumpwm started by Slim?
>
> I do not attach my slim.log, Actually it has 200mb (that works because i
> symlinked...

I have in my /etc/slim.conf:

# Log file
logfile             /dev/null

I am aware of no problem with the combination of slim and stumpwm.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier to
program in C is that you can't easily express complex problems in C,
so you don't. - Erik Naggum (in comp.lang.lisp)